Apple has scheduled a March 9 Spring Forward Live Event to announce the brand new Apple Watch. It’s expected to raise the bar for wearables technology, with innovative sensors for health monitoring / fitness tracking, clever pairing with iPhone and programmable API leveraging iOS libraries.
MEAN Stack: MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js represent the technologies for modern web applications.
Node.js is an open source, cross-platform runtime environment for server-side applications. It provides an event-driven architecture and a non-blocking I/O esssential for application scalability. Runtimes are available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux.
Over the last few years we’ve witnessed the emergence and maturation of Mobile App Economy, Sharing Economy and now the API Economy. The convergence of these technologies has created new opportunities in the Enterprise space for software innovation.
Application programming interface (API) allows companies to expose business capabilities and services. These APIs can be invoked from a browser, mobile app, or any Internet-enabled endpoint. There are governance and security concerns that must be built to support security, performance and data transfer speeds.
With the start of the new year, here are my thoughts on software technology trends for 2015. In the coming weeks I will write insights on each trend in individual posts.
2015 Software Trends (in no particular order):
- APIs (API Economy ): Already popular in the consumer facing space, it will disrupt the established Enterprises, forcing significant software re-architecting.
- Node.js: Even-driven non-blocking scalable Platform, ready for take-off.
- Apple Watch: Expected in spring 2015, will dominate the emerging wearables market.
- Swift Programming Language: Apple’s proprietary language together with the new iOS8 APIs will spearhead new generation of innovative mobile apps.
- Enterprise Mobile Apps: Perfect storm; new Enterprise APIs + iOS8/Swift/Xcode + Android 5.0/Android Studio = explosion of custom workforce mobile apps.
- Beacons: Business / venues will leverage new ways to communicate with customers / attendees in indoor environments.
- Containers: Think Docker…
- Reggae Music